Saturday, January 20, 2007

More book stuff...

I am currently reading a book I found on Project Gutenberg called "How and When to be Your own Doctor."
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext03/bwndr10h.htm

I'm on Chapter Two: The Cause of Disease, where the term "toxemia" is explained.

So far I'm really liking this book. This system of disease makes sense to me because the root is what you eat that maintains or destroys your health. It corrosponds with the hadith of the Prophet (SAW). I'll post the hadith if I find a place to quote it from. It sits better with me than that the big bad evil "germs" are always out to get you or that conditions just "happen."

And I finally bought some books!!

I've got Staying Healthy with Nutrition, by Elson Haas coming as well as The False Fat Diet by the same author. I'm supposed to be getting The Good Fat Cookbook but it hasn't shipped yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home